Monday, December 8, 2014

Cookbooks Galore

If there is one thing I'm proud of it's my cookbooks. I almost have a shelf completely filled in my room. My first cookbook, and the one I trust the  most, is my Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook. It's were my Oatmeal Lemon Refrigerator Cookies come from as well as a delicious mac & cheese recipe. Another one of my favorites is my Illustrated Ingredients Cookbook. I got it a few years ago but plan to use it more now that I'm moving out on my own and see new ingredients at my local grocery store. I can try new things without being completely clueless.
I don't only have the books though, I've collected a few food magazines. I love the ones I got from my neighbor. Thank you for the Cheesecake Recipe and a whole magazine on chocolate. Another one has the recipe for Rum Cake. Thought  I have no interest in trying or making chocolate ice cubes. Pinterest is also a recipe collector I use. I wish I  could organize my cooking and baking board better but I've pinned enough recipes that I don't think I will ever have it under control.
Don't let the cover of a cookbook deceive you nor the age, Some of the best recipes can come from the most unlikely places.


No comments:

Post a Comment