Thursday, May 12, 2016

Super Simple Granola

I finally did it, rather than let my oats sit in  a container until I had to buy new ones ( I can only make and eat so many cookies) I decided to make granola. I also was determined to use what I had in my kitchen at the time, and that wasn't very much.Other recipes add things like nuts, I didn't have any at the time so I compiled different recipes to make mine.

5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1 Tbsp Vanilla
Dash of cinnamon (optional)

In a bowl mix the oats, honey, and vanilla; sprinkle with cinnamon and mix until incorporated. Spread evenly on two aluminum covered cookie sheets and bake at 300 for 15 minutes. Mixing once half way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy


Notes:
I used some extra honey I had, you can use and syrup like sweetener to bind the ingredients together.
Once you remove it from the oven you can mix it again, this should cause the granola to cool into smaller pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment